Doug, I emigrated to Canada in 1996 and graduated in 2000. I have not had the opportunity to work in Canada. From 2001, I worked in the United States until last year on a TN visa. Now I have moved to Canada. By September, I will reach retirement age. My question is: Could I receive my U.S. Social Security pension benefits to support my life in Canada? Thank you. Gordon – Agreement of 16 January 1958 between the government of the Polish People`s Republic and the government of the Federal People`s Republic of Yugoslavia on social security – concerning: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro, Hi SKK – Why do they verify your eligibility under the agreement? If you have lived in Canada for more than 10 years after the age of 18 and have been living here now (and for a year?) and are over 65, you are entitled to the OAS without having to use the agreement. Your question is irrelevant if your facts are correct. Thank you for the clarification of the CPC and the OAS. I will be in Calgary next week to see if there is a place to go to talk directly to someone about my potential suitability at the OAS next year, because I am covered by the U.S.-Canada contract. You should be able to tell me how many years I have to reside in Canada to qualify under the terms of the contract. I may have to wait a few more years to get eligibility under the terms of the contract, or maybe not — but now that I am over 65, I want to apply for the allowance as soon as I have been in Canada for a minimum number of years that I need to qualify.

Thank you, Doug. Yes, my bond and I have paid a significant increase in social security tax in recent decades. The only thing that bothered me was that I did not have the opportunity to work in Canada and pay anything in Canada. So I was concerned about whether the social security agreement between the United States and Canada worked for me. Through my undercover, the agreement is to help with the implementation of minimum credits. Because I have more credit than minimum. So it should work for me. Early retirement at age 60 for men and 55 for women with 30 years of insurance history and have ceased to work in agriculture. Hello Steve – No, it`s not okay. You must apply for each benefit separately. My father is 74. He arrived in Canada from India 8 years ago (at the age of 66) via the Family Class Sponsorship Visa.